Service Engineer Europa
Wijk bij Duurstede, Utrecht, Nederland
AEGIR-Marine is the preferred maker-independent expert for stern tube seals and the service of marine propulsion systems. Our optimal service, thorough know-how and flexibility are what really make us stand out from the crowd. With offices in The Netherlands, Singapore, Shanghai, the USA, Panama, Dubai and Namibia, AEGIR-Marine has built a very strong presence in the international maritime industry. To support further growth in the Americas, we are looking for a Seal and/or Propulsion Engineer for our office in Panama and USA.
- After a thorough internal training in the replacement of stern tube seals and/or repair of propulsion systems, you will carry out service independently along with larger projects in a team environment.
- You provide high-quality work and are responsible for the excellent service that AEGIR-Marine always strives to deliver.
- You are the face of AEGIR-Marine on site and supervise any assistance from shipyard-employees.
- As a specialist, you'll be flying all over the world. You will be on the road sometimes for a couple of days per service assignment extending to several weeks.
You will be part of a rapidly growing and financially robust company in an interesting branch that offers a wide range of opportunities. The possibility of making a major contribution to the company's growth going forward. You will join a team of fun and committed professionals working in an atmosphere in which client satisfaction and quality are at least as important as turnover.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or comparable by experience) in mechanical engineering
- You are self-reliant and very service-and customer-oriented.
- You work independently, are flexible and eager to travel.
- You're a good improviser and you are inventive. You think in terms of solutions.
- You are communicative, pleasant to work with and have good interpersonal skills.
- You have a good command of the English language, both orally and in writing, Spanish would be a plus.
- Experience in shipping is an advantage.
- If applying from outside of the US, having a US visa would be preferable yet not an obligation.