Wijk bij Duurstede, Utrecht, Nederland
AEGIR-Marine is the preferred maker-independent specialist in the field of stern tube seals and propulsion systems. We distinguish ourselves by providing optimal service; thorough knowledge and flexibility make us stand out from the crowd. With offices in The Netherlands, Singapore, Namibia, Dubai, Shanghai, USA and Panama, AEGIR-Marine has a firm position in the international maritime industry.
In this position, you will have the unique chance to innovate and develop knowledge in the field of stern tube seals and bearings. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with different research institutes to develop and implement new theories in this field. Your work will encompass simulation, test and validation of new developments and implementation of the results or findings to support customers.
We are looking for a proactive and pragmatic researcher who can innovate by combining a strong background in chemistry, rheology and data analytics. Are you interested in this challenge?
This position will give you the unique chance to innovate and develop knowledge in the field of stern tube seals and bearings. Your work will encompass simulation, test and validation of new developments and implementation of the results or findings to support our customers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating significant and innovative solutions for stern tube seals as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Carrying out industrial research and broadening relevant knowledge in the area of radial lip seals, lubrication, degradation of rubber, as well as focusing on recycling of materials used;
- Translating the results from research at universities to products that are used in real world applications;
- Developing protocols for testing and validation of stern tube seals, bearings and other equipment;
- Bringing in new knowledge and scouting for state-of-the-art technologies in the market in the area of sealing and bearings by visiting conferences, universities, suppliers and reading the latest literature and following different class regulations;
- Contributing to scientific publications;
- Minimal Bachelor-Plus, with 2-3 years of practical experience in combination with theoretical knowledge gained via courses and/or trainings. Preferable a Master’s degree in chemistry/material engineering/rubber technology with 2-3 years of industrial research experience in a relevant area such as lubricant rheology, organic chemistry and polymer technology or relevant field;
- Experience with rubber technology and rubber processing is preferred for this role and you should have experience dealing with different internal and external stakeholders;
- Good knowledge of developing and testing rubber materials both mechanically and chemically;
- Background in setting up, running and evaluating experiments independently and working with small and big test rig;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build personal interactions with both customers and suppliers;
- Team player in a multidisciplinary setting;
- ·Practical orientated hands-on Academic profile combined with entrepreneurial mind-set;